Tuesday, December 27, 2011

Christmas Gift Giving - SOME KIND OF WONDERFUL

Inspired by Chookyblue's Stitch - A - Long Blog, and their project this year to work on the Quilt from Anni Downs Some Kind of Wonderful Book. I had to have it when I saw it; and then the ideas came in for Christmas Gifts.

Well I did get lucky and managed to make a few items from the book.

I had decided that I was going to purchase the Bohin Mini Iron for my Mum this year and loved the little Sewing Case in the book and thought it would be perfect storage for the Iron.

I then hunted down a little ironing mat they work perfect in the little Sewing Case. Of course I had to have one for me too...so it was double projects.  I enjoyed the project, but I did find that there was a lot of hand sewing in the project.
  

 I did use a wonderful piece of printed linen for the bottom of the bag instead of creating another patchwork panel.

Then onto another gift for a young lady who plans to travel next year.
The Travel Document holder was a very simple and quick project and I am loving the needle turn applique my circle is almost perfect very happy with that.

 I have used a nice Parisian Eiffel tower print for the lining and some of that printed linen for the pockets


All in all I was happy with my creations and the gifts will be well received I hope!!!

2 comments:

  1. great projects Sonia.........love the bags..........great idea to use it for a mini iron......

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really love what you have made...I have been wanting to make Anni's bag for quite a while now...even more so now I've seen yours! Lol! Your fabrics are beautiful(love the one on the back)
    Lisa

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your beautiful heartfelt comments on my blog, I really appreciate the time and effort it takes. {heart hugs}