Wednesday, December 28, 2011

Christmas Gift Giving - Cushion Creation

 I fell in love with this design when I first saw it back in 2009 and I had thought I had kept it earmarked, but alas when seeing it again online sadly I couldn't find it.... it is by Leanne Beasley and was part of the Breast of Friends BOM from the Homespun Magazine. When I came accross the image I had saved of it from an online blog earlier this year I decided to make it as a gift for a good friend. But then came the task of no pattern out came my drawing skills, and I am very impressed with what I have done.... I really love the background. Sadly these photos were taken on a dark day, so the colours aren't coming up true, it is a very nice vintage tones of red, cream and brown with a touch of dirty pink. I am finding this one hard to give up. And yep more machine quilting, really think I will be giving the free motion a go before I know it!!!







2 comments:

  1. the cushion is beautiful........I have one a friend made for me and I also have the pattern.......

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sonia, it is beautiful.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your beautiful heartfelt comments on my blog, I really appreciate the time and effort it takes. {heart hugs}