Sunday, July 03, 2011

Scrapping -July 123 Challenge

OK, don't faint, but I have scrapped, and really loved it, I totally forgot what it was like to get messy and creative with glimmer glam and ink and crackle paints...OH MY!!! 

Yesterday Tiffany joined me for some scrapping in the studio, whilst I was in the mood to scrap, as per our normal scrap/chat session, we chatted more than i scrapped, but I did have a blast and got the beginnings of the July 123 Challenge happening, before we had a nice bowl of soup in the dining room, then back to chatting oops scrapping for tiff and messy messy inking and painting for me, all before Tiff headed off home and I decided that was me for the day.

So Today after a lazy morning, chatting on the phone with friends I haven't seen in a while, I did the dishes and headed out to the studio, I was joined by another friend I haven't seen in weeks and whilst she stitched, I stitched buttons to flowers and finished working on my layout.

I love the 123 Challenges and used to join in every month, but having been on a bit of no scrap mojo zone, it's been a while since I did one, and trying to get the juices flowing did a little blog hop before I started creating, and after reading this months criteria I decided it was the month to get the juices flowing with the criteria of setting a scene it sounded like the perfect way to get my hands dirty ...and I did get dirty and messy!

The criteria for this month was:
COLOUR: AQUA/TEAL
TECHNIQUE: Create A Scene
WORD: "THING" - could be anything, everything, something etc...



I had so much fun playing with all my forgotten tools with this one. I used the big shot to dry emboss with a damask pattern, then I swiped it with some Tattered Angels Glimmer Glam, then painted it with Rangers Distress Crackle Paint Rock Candy before sponging with some of  Rangers Distress Ink, I love the finished look....

I used the same effect on some book page flowers that I cut with the Tim Holtz Tattered Flowers Die - I love how the Rock Candy has lifted the edges so slightly.

Then with the ink out I decided to use some of my Technique Tuesday Stamps that I have been receiving monthly but not using.....So I got to stamping my background with them, once stamped I then got out the colouring pencils and coloured in some of the words - yep the inner artist finally came out to play I tell you!!!

I really had fun!!! Let's hope the mojo stays!!!

4 comments:

  1. Love your LO Sonia. Beautiful effects and stamping. I bought some tattered angels glam recently, and now you have inspired me to use it!
    Beautiful work.
    Kx

    ReplyDelete
  2. i {heart} your layout!!! LOVE all the details! Gorgeous stuff! xoxo Charmane Great to see you doing a 123 page!

    ReplyDelete
  3. this is fabulous! love the journalling at the bottom and the closely cropped photo!

    ReplyDelete
  4. fabulous LO Sonia! such a gorgeous teal colour, luv the stamping....thx for playing along at 123!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your beautiful heartfelt comments on my blog, I really appreciate the time and effort it takes. {heart hugs}