Tuesday, March 01, 2016

Hello January...

And so the year begins.
Family adventure days - ummm well starwars was enjoyed by 3 out of 4 but spending time with them doing something they love ❤️ bonus!

Instagram best of 2015 loves 
Then it was surprise adventure time, nothing like a surprise road trip to crash my bestie a family holiday - hubby and I love Melbourne, and this time Port Arlington was our destination.
I know where we are headed when we see these giant turbines.
Toe taping and singing are part of my passenger routine.
Port Arlington was just amazing, the bay was filled with things to see like this octopus and starfish we captured on our beach walks
Selfies in the sun, wind blown and all!!
We adventured everyday, finding forts in Queenscliff with this lovely little group 
Then on to point Lonsdale with more rascals and shenanigans.
What we loved about this area was look to your left and we've got homesteads filled with mysteries and paddocks got grazing then look to the right and the ocean was filled with turquoise and emerald coloured water and lots of amazing wildlife.

We spent the rest of our days relaxing, amazing only 5 days away and we really did unwind. Just the way to start a year off with planned holidays every other month this year is all about relaxation and finding that happy balance between work and play.
After leaving port Arlington, we took a slow trip home taking in some more Victorian sights and favourites. 

A new location to revisit if we venture to Geelong again is the Geelong vintage markets, we spied lots of treasures. I managed to pick up a dozen vintage mini pie tins but regret not getting the bread bakers tins, especially as I began baking aging this month.
I love travelling through this little country we call home the open spaces, the colours, I find them all so inspiring.
Breaking our trip in Rutherglen's wine region is becoming a habit. We love staying at Tuileries 
(http://www.tuileriesrutherglen.com.au)
The accomodation is just perfect, as is the meal that's accompanied by matching wines, just one of our treats we enjoy when in the area.
Before the big leg home we hit the wineries for a couple of our favourites for the wine rack at home.
Lucy kept me busy, lucky I can stitch in the passenger seat on the way home.
And she's been my pleasure sewing amongst the getting back to work routine. Donna (aka Chookyblue) and I have many text conversations over design settings and I've been lucky to receive a few happy mails too, from both Chooky ( http://chookyblue.blogspot.com.au )
and Sandy from Shiralee Stitches. ( http://shiraleestitches.com.au/product-category/english-paper-piecing-supplies/lucy-boston-blocks/ )
Always by my side when I'm stitching miss Lily 
Thermi and I found Skinnymixers and learnt that takeaway cooked at home is amazing  ( http://skinnymixers.com.au )
My big girl went to a wedding and got all dolled up 
I got cool in air con, whilst working on my 2015 stitch a long quilt. And if became a flimsy.
And my baby girl splurged on her very first brand new car.

NOTE :- If there is ever an item that you would like to purchase, please email me to enquire, if the item is no longer available we may be able to custom create something similar for you. All items are available to post out using Australia Post rates to your postcode. 
To view more items please visit us on Facebook or Instagram 
 Or
Or send us an email : info@foreveralways.com.au

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your beautiful heartfelt comments on my blog, I really appreciate the time and effort it takes. {heart hugs}