Thursday, May 30, 2013

SWAP - the little embroidery swap

Back in April, I signed up for the Little Embroidery Swap on Lisa's Blog - Sweet Little Pretties. As I have a thing for embroidery hoops, and had scooped up a large collection of the timber hoops, with the idea that one day, I would make them into a market item (this was the perfect time to do it). 

Armed with my swap partner's details.... Sophie ( which after stalking her blog {Modern Day Mummying}, I realised that it's a small world - who would have guessed, that after signing up for a swap, would I be lucky to gift to a previous attendee of one of MY retreats) - BIG Wave Sophie, hope that you realised too once  you saw the parcel!!

We were asked to Share what WE love....  Sophie's Answer to that was this Quote - Do Small Things with Great Love...

So it was to the drawing board I went....and play and create.... 
oops, this image will not rotate....grrr.

The giving is the best part of the swap for me ...as I do love to spoil...so there is always a little extra included...and this time I also had fun with Furoshiki - the Japanese art of Eco-wrapping in fabric



Of course with the giving comes receiving in a swap, and so I was very impressed with my parcel from my swap partner Emma, please check out her blog with more detailed photos, as I was just so eager to use my little pouch, it's perfect for my go to little project bag at the moment, crochet hook, ball of wool, scissors...and I am ready to crochet anywhere... as you can see.... even miss Lily likes it!!


I really had fun with this one, Thank Lisa I enjoyed the swap.
...and look forward to creating more little embroidery hoop items for market with varied quotes...so send me your suggestions...

6 comments:

  1. Oh the hoop you created is gorgeous,I never thought of adding a little bit of crochet...It's wonderful !!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Kim, Thankyou I do love it - hard to part with this one :)

      Delete
  2. Love the one you did for your partner Sonia, and I'm so glad you like what I made you :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love it Emma, and I am using it every Day :)

      Delete
  3. Funnily enough the first thing I did when I received your gorgeous parcel was call my sister Faye! I can't thank you enough for the beautiful embroidery! It's now hanging in my Making Room... And as for the lovely floss I'm still yet to find that perfect project :) It is a small world! Hopefully our paths cross again at craft weekend (hint, hint).

    Sophie xo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Sophie - yes it is a small world. Paths crossing again would be lovely... I am getting the hint, I hope to spend a weekend very soon sourcing venues for the next weekend :)

      Delete

Thank you for your beautiful heartfelt comments on my blog, I really appreciate the time and effort it takes. {heart hugs}