Wednesday, July 11, 2012

Home to happy mail

Nothing nicer than coming home, when you have been away! But even better is to come home to  happy mail.

I have had a secret obsession with Tilda for a couple of years now, and have 2 of her books in my collection, of which I can even lay claim to have made things from. My favourite would be this cute little chubby angel that I made for a girlfriend, I have always vowed I would have one of my own one day.


When I found out a couple of weeks ago that Fox Collections mail order which happens to be on my door step at Frenchs Forest were now stocking these items, I had to go and visit the showroom and have a peak. Of course not much was on display, but I had to get myself some of her giant spools which I could of course take home with me, but the Sewingbird Angel, that I had drooled over at the craft fair a few weeks back wasn't in stock. But on a whim I decided to order it. I had seen her at the craft fair and had decided as I had the books it was just beyond budget, surely I could just purchase the sewing machine - thinking it was wood - but alas no I couldn't find it. Imagine my horror when I opened the box and found its just thick paper - not the timber I had imagined oh well I can't wait to get started on her.



Of course the rest of the goodies, were just as much fun. Quilt Fabric Delights was the shipper of my other parcel of delights, when I am on a roll shopping I am on a roll. With giant Tilda spools already at home I was registering for the QFD Christmas in July class and browsed as we do, and found this box of spools that just had to be mine, I had read about these ages ago on Mel Goodsells blog I think and had looked but not shopped, but with a sort out for the office & studio planned for soon. Yep I NEED them.
Then of course if I was going to make a Tilda Doll, best get a Tilda doll stand for her to stand on, and then well I can never have too much of the Sewline glue refills for my paper piecing projects (that's another post).

And just because some of the gorgeous Tilda Fabric Range slipped into that cart as well. OH I LOVE HAPPY MAIL

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your beautiful heartfelt comments on my blog, I really appreciate the time and effort it takes. {heart hugs}