Wednesday, December 17, 2008

catching up...busy week creating.

Well where has the week gone this week, it is almost Thursday...yep only 20 mins and it will be. Let's see what's happened this week. On Monday I got some fantastic happy mail in the form of this wonderful little elf...thanks to Kathleen Wilson who was the wonderful artist behind his creation...and to Mel Goodsell...for hosting the wonderful inspiring blog that I won him off....
He also helped me out with my stitching on Monday.
Monday Night I went out and met up with the DT girls and we had our Christmas Dinner at Thai Lana in Narrabeen...so so yummy and a fantastic night filled with lots of chatter and laughter.
Yesterday and Today I have been stitching up a storm. But for some reason some of these photos have decided to save with a lovely blue light on them....not sure why...but here goes.
A Table runner....it is still not complete...I have done some hand quilting on this one, and some niave cross stitch too, No pattern on this one, think i found the stitchery design on the web, before putting it into the runner design. I have the hand stitching still to do on the binding...that will be tomorrow.Before it can be wrapped up.
Then I got onto these Janelle Wind Designed Thelma's Bag.I have made 3 of these as gifts....I really enjoyed this pattern...loads of fun and it goes together reasonably quickley and easily. I Then whipped up this Journal to match one of the bags, as it was a snug fit, I have added the belt last to this one, so no belt straps...but I did do quilting lines inside like Janelle suggests in her pattern.
Then it was time to drag out the Donna Downey Kit that I purchased last Christmas, and left till Christmas Eve almost to put together and of course the sewing Machine wouldn't work....so it was put away...and Today I decided to finish it so it can be given as a gift to my Mum...(Don't look Mum)
Then last but not least, I decided that I would put the binding on this little stitchery that I did earlier in the week, so that tomorrow will mainly be a hand stitching day...All though I would like to whip up a dress to where for Christmas Day. Well that's me done, off to finish this cuppa and Shower before snuggling up exhausted in bed.
Hope your week is going well.

2 comments:

  1. wow you've been sewing up a storm........all looks great from here.........

    ReplyDelete
  2. WOW Sonia, your creations are ALL so gorgeous, I love them all. Thank you so much for sharing them with me. x Janelle

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your beautiful heartfelt comments on my blog, I really appreciate the time and effort it takes. {heart hugs}