Tuesday, September 15, 2015

A weekend away, reconnecting and recharging.

Feeling totally exhausted but recharged at the same time after having spent another amazing weekend with these fabulous ladies. Kylie and her Mum Georgina, Lea, Cheryl, Kate, Simone, Cheryll (aka Dory), Jules, Kerrie, Diddles, Fiona, Dale, Peg, Jan (who took this wonderful photo that I have borrowed), Trish, Suze & our wonderful organiser extraordinaire Donna (aka Chooky).
You can read about last years in this post - sadly again, being so relaxed my camera which I took with me didn't leave my room, but at least this year I did snap a few photos with my iPhone, but nothing like I normally would. I really lived in the moment and enjoyed every minute, relaxing, laughing, sewing (well a little) and sun worshipping.
My Sister was my travel buddy, not wanting to do the drive alone, I suggested she travel with my and stay in Bathurst, as our accommodations were full in Perthville. Which she did, but when a lady pulled out at the last minute it was almost meant to be. After one night in town at the Pub she joined us for the remainder of what was an amazing weekend. She didn't get to be in the group picture above as she was out enjoying the sites of Bathurst, garage sales and fairs galore. 
But we did fit in a Treasure shop together at this little spot in Perthville, so much to look at but not much came home.... just this one little treasure, destined to be a vintage door art or Fairy Door.

Of course there was lots of show and tell, here are a few I did manage to snap pictures of. I loved Kate's Dresden Quilt, I am keen to learn this technique and will try again. 
You can see more of Kate's Quilt here on her blog. The next one was also Kate's this was a retreat quilt from a weekend with Kerry Swain from Cottage on the Hill. I am thinking that I might have to join the girls up there next year. The next 2 quilts are Dory's, the beautiful roses one was a top that was completed at last years retreat, which I watched grow... love it. The wonky star on the right was also a very creative design, simply put together to create a very unique block, another to add to the learn how to do.
Simone's top  that she started last year. Georgina's Hexi quilt that was completely all hand done, so inspiring for me... yes I know I have my hexi quilt, maybe I will drag it out and try to do some more.
Lea's Fox quilt was just stunning in Liberty Prints and her Hexagon was stunning too, the colours just sang.
We swap little gifts over the weekend, Foil's came to be last year - long story short - 2 gifts each to the value of $5 wrapped in foil but disguised. Check out my swan's. Inside was fabric, little wooden needle cases, a quick unpick and a sharpening ruler. Picture on the right is my spoils from the foil swap.
We also have a Make it, Fake it or Bake it swap. This year I included one of my heat packs made from my vintage charms, of course some other little spoils, like chocolate, hand cream and a nail file. - ooops no picture of my pretty parcel either. Lea was the lucky recipient of this.  I received  Fiona's swap which included a great magazine Simply Sewing and quilting, one I hadn't seen before and it's filled with great inspiration and this wonderful box of home baked goodness - yes the family and I have already devoured it 

No trip to Bathurst is complete without a little trip into The Home Patch, of course there are many little treasures to tempt us....
Suze is here wearing a crochet necklace that we both loved but didn't purchase. But the next image is what I did purchase. I couldn't resist the little Christmas tree spool, and I may have had to order another with an online order after realising that perhaps I needed something else - so it will be the shopping trip that deliver's happy mail too. I loved the pincushion when I watched Trish make it last year, and then watching Kate make it this year, I was not the only one that had to have the kit to make it. Sea Green fabrics are to add to my Lucy Boston Stash - Donna I will send some your way once I cut some out. Oh and well I can never resist a little French General, and with a certain Christmas swap coming up - I think I'll be doing my purchase one pack and make two little things one to give and one to remember that I swapped.
We were also spoilt, by Donna and Annie with this gorgeous kit, the scissors above are so I can complete one for my self and one for either a gift or a swap. I can't wait to start this, may have to trace it off and have it ready for a I need a distraction project.

A little rusty love, snapped on my walk to the local fair, where I purchased some heavenly Goats Milk Soaps.

My Tip from the weekend. Now I wasn't lucky enough to have received one of Lea's thread keeps, but I loved the tip of threading multi needles so that you just took one and worked, always having a threaded needle... loved it.

And proof that I did stitch whilst I was away, my Natures Journey diamond border began and my first Lucy Boston Block has begun being pieced and with the help of Chooky, I have now cut out another 7 blocks of easy cutting, once my happy mail arrives I will have my Fussy Cutting hopefully mastered after some very special lessons from Chooky.

Just to make a point, I am in tears as I type this last bit. I was just finishing this post off, and typing Chooky's name above when my phone rang and it was her.... put in that dodododo music... I lost a ring that I purchased on my honeymoon back in 1989, last Saturday having been into Bathurst and walking around Perthville, I didn't think I would be lucky enough to ever find it, But Vicki the most amazing and wonderful chef, and hostess who spoils us to no end whilst staying at The Vale in Perthville had found my ring. So it is now on its way back to me.

But not only did my phone call to Vicki create my emotional state. It was the most precious special words spoken to me by Donna on the phone. Thankyou Donna you don't know how much it means.!!!

Yes I am different person to last person year, and I am fighting a hard battle to a newer me!!!!!

12 comments:

  1. Hi Sonia, great to read bout your weekend away, and to see all the gorgeous quilts, made by the ladies at the retreat. Fabulous news on the finding of your ring. Love n hugs, Janet xox

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Janet, yes I feel special that it was found... and the weekend was amazing.. as was yours I believe.

      Delete
  2. Lovely report Sonia - great news about your ring. Keep slogging away to your newer me although your heart and soul are just lovely as they are so don't change them too much!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks :)
      love and hugs... you are very special too.

      Delete
  3. Sounds like a fantastic weekend! So jealous I couldn't make it. Brilliant your ring was found!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes it was Anita, although you were missed. My ring, is in Australia posts hands now.

      Delete
  4. Sounds like a wonderful weekend......that will keep on giving with happy mail, friendships and good news about your ring! Good for the soul.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Susan, it certainly was. Looking forward to my happy mail. Both shopping and ring return.

      Delete
  5. How good that your ring has been found...

    ReplyDelete
  6. so good to catch up again................was fun playing with the fussy cutting.........I love it........so pleased Vicki found your ring.........

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes I can't wait for my new toy to arrive to try and do the rest, think I need to have them all cut like you said, then I could try and mix a little pleasure in with my work (crochet orders coming out my ears still)

      Delete

Thank you for your beautiful heartfelt comments on my blog, I really appreciate the time and effort it takes. {heart hugs}