Thursday, December 12, 2013

Repainting the house

I am pretty sure that 20 years ago, I never said I was going to do it again, but alas it comes around that it needs it so Last weekend we got to and started.  It's only taken me 3 months to commit to the colour and even still as I started on the front of the house, I was still calling hubby who was at his favourite shop grab some more colour charts I am still not sure!!!
still testing it out


And before he was home, I had decided that he was going back for the big tin, yep I committed and it was all paint brushes at the ready to keep going....so this is how far we got in one day....





So then it was whilst your still at Bunnings hubby dearest can you get me some RED paint, the front door's going RED.

 So home with Red paint and bigger tin of house paint in my designer mix  of Kikki K Grey (yes it's the same colour on their grey and white bags, i feel in love with it 3 months ago after a shopping trip). And some help from the hubby, yes I don't climb ladders - I do lay down and do low jobs, but no climbing for me - we progressed and progressed




Before sitting back and admiring the days work....this was last Sunday, the plans are to keep going this week...with a son and hubby at the ready....be back with more progress shots later

4 comments:

  1. I love the new colours it seems so much brighter and fresh.What about your stool at the front what colour is that going to be-love dee x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Dee, I won't be repainting it, just a new cover i think, not sure will decide at spotlight, as i usually do it in a plain vinyl

      Delete
  2. Love the grey, white and red, a stylish combination.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Susan, I am loving it!!

      Delete

Thank you for your beautiful heartfelt comments on my blog, I really appreciate the time and effort it takes. {heart hugs}