Monday, July 16, 2012

Scrapbooking Top50 - Challenge scrapped

Nothing like a good challenge to get the juices flowing - well normally!! This months Scrapbooking to 50 cybercrop started as we went off on our week in the country. I did mange to think about the challenges and had decided on which one I would try and fit in, last thursday I think it was. Well I tried, on Thursday during the day, and got some kind of an idea, but the mojo just wasn't happening, and then I tried again on Friday night, but NO!! Saturday during the day, I gave it an hour before giving in, Sunday well let's not go there on the Sunday effort, even after a nap it wasn't a happening thing.

So today, I decided I would start even if the crop had finished, and sure enough thinking the pressure was off, I got in and played it all just turned out. Then I facebooked Vicki to thank her for the inspiration to find out the crop had been extended till tomorrow....yeah, glad i finished it.

So The challenge was an initial challenge with the alphabet listed criteria to match your initials.

S for Sonia worked out to be scallops.

I stamped a doily scallop border first, then cut a fabric scallop runner, and then I cut out of a brown paper bag another double scallop, which I inked and then curled. Then to finish I used my Fiskers scallop punch to put on an extra border.
A is for Ann and this matched up to a mixed alpha title
I used the patterned paper for the ONE and glitter number 2 and then fabric Thickers for the three, using the lyrics from a song 123, you can count on me was done in Carolees tiny Red Alpha stickers.
B for Bowers was B for Brads
You can see both brads on my layout here, the wing of the chipboard bird and the fabric covered brad blue bird in the bottom right, sorry cut off his head in this picture.
I had lots of fun inking and creating lots of embellies that never made the page but I do love this large rose that I made using the Tim Holtz Tattered Pinecone Dia - just love it


My completed layout, thanks Vicki and Scrapbooking top50 for the inspiration to create, I really enjoyed it.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your beautiful heartfelt comments on my blog, I really appreciate the time and effort it takes. {heart hugs}