Friday, August 12, 2011

Stitching from JUNE

Just because I am scrapping doesn't mean I am not stitching, here are some projects that I completed back in May and June for both my Sister and my Mum's birthday gifts.

I made my sister a quick runner, from a stitchery I had drawn up and found in my UFO's recently, I loved the verse and the hearts as I am really enjoying working satin stitch lately. Once I had completed the stitchery it was a toss up whether I created a cushion cover or a runner, but with our families love for runners the runner won the toss.... I decided I wanted to do strips and finish with points....I am happy with the way it turned out and better still my sister loved it!!! Along with the hat box filled with goodies. 




Well this photo shares my new favourite book Chookyblue mentioned it over on the Stitch-A-long Blog and I just had to have it...so got my hands on it straight away and it arrived 48 hours before Mum's birthday and as my sister and I had purchased a handbag for her birthday I new I had to make this little coin purse - it was an afternoon project, although I did trace it off a little smaller due to the scan image I used, so I had to defer from the instructions and put the zip in the way I usually do...but I love it and Mum thought it was cute too!!
In the background of this first shot it a secret squirrel project that will be revealed soon.

1 comment:

  1. Hi Sonia,
    the table runners is marvellous, your stitching is always not neat! I can't wait to get a copy of Annie's book

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your beautiful heartfelt comments on my blog, I really appreciate the time and effort it takes. {heart hugs}