Saturday, June 04, 2011

Books, Books, Books


Although lately I have been spending loads of time with my new best friends, the aloe vera tissue and the buttermenthols....I have had plenty of time to do other things that don't cause too much movement...that might cause me to cough and splutter and that would be with my all time passion of reading...yep those books have called me...back to bed many times over the last few weeks.



I have enjoyed many books, and the pile is ever growing beside my bed.

I would have to say of the latest reads in my reading list in the side bar over there>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> the ones that effected me the most would be the Lisa Genova LEFT NEGLECTED and the Jodi Picoult SING YOU HOME, both books cover hot topics - this latest from Jodi really got me thinking. I love the way she writes about tough issues, which make you think what is right, what is a family today...and I loved being able to listen to songs that Jodi had written too..

This one in particular touched my heart Sammy's Song - you can listen to it here, but just the words touched me too.
Sammy’s Song


It's five AM, we're in the kitchen, after a nightmare

We're making pancakes and there's batter on your face, your hair

The sun comes up and paints the sky, and you just stop and stare

Do it again, you say, as if I might have hung it there.


I don't remember who I was before you came
I know the life I have will never be the same
You think my arms are a fortress
You think I have all the answers
You know it’s a fact
I love you to the moon and back.


And now you're nine, under the covers, and your eyes are bright
With dreams of princesses and fairy dust and fearless knights
Just one more page, you beg, but I turn out the light
You find me, even in the dark, and hold me tight.
I don't remember who I was before you came
I swear this love's so big it doesn't have a name
You think my arms are a fortress
You think I have all the answers
You know it’s a fact
I love you to the moon and back.

Bridge:
I'll be your shoulder to cry on
I’ll teach you all that I know
When it’s time to break free I'll
Somehow be strong and let go.

Verse 3:
Now you are thirteen and you tell me that you've just been kissed
It's no big deal, you say, but you glow as you reminisce.
I always knew that one day it would come to this
Just underestimated all the moments I would miss.
I don't remember who I was before you came
My heart was yours before you ever staked a claim.
I’ll watch you take the wheel now
Find your own sense of direction
You’re right on track
Keep heading to the moon and back.
Baby, I’ve loved you to the moon and back.
and well what can I say I love to quilt and the Jennifer Chiaverini books are just like a good comforting cuppa....I can highly reccommend them for just good everyday reading...the laters The sugar camp quilt covers some history on slave travels with secrets hidden in the quilts hanging on the washing line ...love it!!!

And I have read a few pages into the Ireland Awakening - which is drenched in history and dates....

What are you reading right now????

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your beautiful heartfelt comments on my blog, I really appreciate the time and effort it takes. {heart hugs}