Tuesday, June 13, 2017

APRIL 2017

April, April.... it's such a busy month for us... lets see what we got up too.

Early April and we find ourselves here in the country, after a busy market weekend in Coonamble, I got to enjoy a couple of days downtime on the farm. I am so loving my new fitter me, getting stronger as the days go by. I enjoyed walks out on the land... it amazes me nothing for miles as far as I can see... just me a few cows, some sheep, the odd crow can be heard, and I did see a few wedge tailed eagles too.


 I love how there are just beautiful relics laying around the rusty comparison against the beauty of nature... the roses against the barbed wire and incinerator and rusty tractor, I have such love for this place.



 Even though I was still feeling the ends of a bad bout of gastroenteritis, I was nursing myself back with rest and recuperation in the country.... we still tried to enjoy some bubbles at sunset. My body had other plans, so it was back to the water, rest and just enjoying the farm.


Stitching gets done at the farm, lots of it actually, so lucy is growing. I am still behind the queen of lucy aka Chooky. Who encouraged me to start joining. But I do enjoy being inspired.




 The harsh reality, that not all days are rosy out here though....the hard dry earth makes it very tough on it's land owners. And sadly it was the end of our time here.... this lady makes me smile, our friendship has grown lots over the years. But it seems, this won't be the last time we see each other this month/year...lots of planning and scheming to be done.


 And it was back on the road, just a couple of hours and we find ourselves in Nyngan, another blogger friend that has become my family. Visiting with this little miss and her family, always makes our hearts happy. I enjoyed only a couple of short days, it's never long enough with miss Evie or Amie. But at least this visit we got a little creating in... although I didn't get the excited response I thought we would from our Troll headband. But hey I had fun. 


A bit of gluten Free Baking to spoil the kids with an awesome recipe from Chooky's Mother In Law from an old Magazine cutout - it was delicious and I have saved this over on my recipe blog to cook again.

Before we knew it, we were on the road travelling home again, stopping of course at a few of our favourites. Caldwell Molong Metal Recyclers, Darcy's old wares in Lucknow  for our dose of vintage treasure hunting (yes I managed to get a few more bushells jars sadly no lids. The Agrestic Grocer in Orange is fast becoming a favourite lunch stop. 


Of course never idle hands in the car, so Lucy got some more pieces added on this trip. Then of course there is the obligatory stop in at Anni's Hatched and Patched and my favourite photo of the almost home Lithgow arches. These landmarks are becoming more and more familiar the more we travel this road.


Home, and look Chooky is in my lounge room, and Lucy is out again.

Easter, decorating, cooking and family time. So Ferry rides into the city, to pick up Mum and Dad. Fish for Dinner Friday night.



Working within what I can have, it was time to get creative in the gift giving department - chocolate that's dairy free and trying to stay low sugar - I have been following Wholefood Simply on Facebook and checking out her recipes... and I have found a favourite her Snicker Bliss Balls oh my YUM. I prettied them up just for Easter, and tempered some dark chocolate (dairy free) in my Thermomix, to dip them then added some crushed peanuts and salt Oh we were in heaven. Then packaged them in some great looking Kraft Cardboard boxes from IKEA. Perfect - just check them out on my Easter table.


 Another awesome treat, was the Persian Pavlova - divine... very sweet for me now, but still a great treat.


 Oh at that sketching is still happening. Just a little at a time. Perhaps not every day. We enjoyed leisurely lunch at Mentmore and Morley in Rosebury with Di and her Mum.




 Then it was Anzac Day, and all the traditions we follow, Dawn Service in Dee Why, and what a spectacular dawn it was. Followed by breakfast with friends, then a visit to the cemetery to pay our respects to Brian's parents.


 It also happens to be certain Person's Birthday on the 26th so we celebrated on the 25th with family and cake before doing dinner on the 26th. She certainly got spoilt. Her gift from us was this beautiful quilt I made last year and finished the hand quilting on the 24th just in time to gift it. More photos will come later, still waiting on some on the bed. That Cake was to die for - recipe over on my recipe blog




 April also saw my first copy of the Magnolia Journal arrive... and I got to enjoy it and an amazing cup of Macadamia Milk Coffee in Pablo and Rusty's in the CBD - I almost squeeled with delight when I realised they served macadamia milk It really is the only milk I enjoy in coffee since going Dairy Free.    


What I enjoyed most about that time sitting reading was that I was enjoying some quiet time with both My Son and as he likes to refer to himself my "future potential son in law". What struck me were the words in the magazine - it's no secret that I adore Joanna and Chip Gaines of Fixer Upper - ok so I am be a little obessed, but the words of their Magnolia Manifesto just resonate with me....It's really my thoughts put into beautiful words.

Magnolia Manifesto:
We believe that newer isn't always better and that there is something inherently good in hard work. We believe that friends who feel like family are the best kind of friends and that nothing matters more than family. We believe that today is a gift and that every day miracles are scattered about if only we have the eyes to see them. 
We believe in seeking the balance between hustle and rest and striving to be passionate about both: a leisurely first cup of coffee to start the day mindfully and then at day’s end not clocking out from a job ’til you’re proud. We believe failure needn't be a negative thing; rather, we learn from our mistakes and fail smarter next time. We believe in doing work that we love and, in choosing that, nudging others toward doing what they love. 
We believe in courage, in cartwheeling past our comfort zones and trying something a little bit scary every day. We believe that it's time for the pendulum of trend to swing back to the basics. We believe in subtle beauty, the kind that doesn't deteriorate with age or wear. And of all heroic pursuits large or small, we believe there may be none greater than a life well-loved.


 And as the last few days of the month approach, we found ourselves travelling back to the farm, back to the place that is making me fall in love with this amazing country side. Not just for pleasure either. Brian was heading out to help with some farm work and I happen to be there during the local market - so with Donna as my assistant for the day, we headed into town to enjoy another country market.

PHOTO CREDIT - CHOOKYBLUE
PHOTO CREDIT - CHOOKYBLUE
PHOTO CREDIT - CHOOKYBLUE
PHOTO CREDIT - CHOOKYBLUE
 And as the sunset on another amazing country day, we enjoyed a walk into that sunset. Yes, this city mouse is falling in love with this country.



NOTE :- If there is ever an item that you would like to purchase, please email me to enquire, if the item is no longer available we may be able to custom create something similar for you. All items are available to post out using Australia Post rates to your postcode. 
To view more items please visit us on Facebook or Instagram 
 Or
Or send us an email : info@foreveralways.com.au

3 comments:

  1. fun times together............

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We certainly have been.

      Delete
    2. oh they certainly were.... and many more to come

      Delete

Thank you for your beautiful heartfelt comments on my blog, I really appreciate the time and effort it takes. {heart hugs}