Friday, September 04, 2015

Anzac Day 2015

Diary Date - 25th April 2015

ANZAC day means so many things to many people, but it has always held a very special place in my heart. Apart from the obvious things, it was a part of my mother in law, and so since her passing it has been the milestone we mark each year she has been gone. This year was no different, although I am not sure if I was feeling extra melancholy. I felt very emotional this year. I was saddened by the fact that my hubby had to work the previous night shift, and that my daughter had decided to party a little hard the night before and that my son was working that day.... so sadly. I attended dawn service without my family, but was joined by the Whanau we have chosen - Janet and Paul allowed me to join them during Dawn Service on Dee Why Beach... 



WOW was it amazing... from the proccession of candles that the children walked in to the crowning sunrise, I was filled with emotion with it all. The crashing of the waves during the moments of silence, the bugler's call.. yes I had tears.











 After enjoying a wonderful breakfast with Janet and Paul, I ventured home to my troops, collected the man who was half asleep and the girl that needed a hangover cure and we did our traditional treck to the cemetary, I didn't join them for our usual breakfast - Mcdonalds was a Ma thing -


NFX118713 - Corporal Colin Renown Bowers, who was born on 26 June 1920 in Sydney, New South Wales. Bowers enlisted  and served with the 19th Australian Heavy A/A Battery.
NFX178010 - Private Betty Joan McWilliam, who was born on 24 June 1922 in Sydney, New South Wales. McWilliam (later Bowers) enlisted in the Australian Army Medical Woman's Service on 23 February 1944 and served with the 104 Australian General Hospital at Bathurst, 103 Australian Convalescent Depot at Ingleburn and with Deputy Director Medical Services (DDMS) at Victoria Barracks in Sydney. She was discharged on 15 July 1946.

 I found the colours of the dawn everywhere during the day - these two just had to be shared....

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your beautiful heartfelt comments on my blog, I really appreciate the time and effort it takes. {heart hugs}