Thursday, September 30, 2010

lots more

When I saw Michelle’s Post about the 2Crafty Colour Combo Challenge I just had to join in the fun, then I really wanted a piece of old fence chipboard, so the layout sat for a week, waiting for it too arrive and then well it sat for another week waiting for me to stick it all down, yesterday allowed me the time to do that.


I really enjoyed this Colour Combo to, {wink} got to use Kraft and RED lol and some blue in replace of my black too easy.

With the chipboard multi old fence I sponged on a little Distress Ink in vintage photo and then painted it with a thin layer, swiping in both directions of distress crackle paint in clear rock candy…I love the effect, kind of old wood.

Enjoy the sneaks….


Check out more in the Gallery

I also managed to work on the Top 50 CC Class with Charmaine Koch, didn't get to do the class on the night, but better late than never.

Thanks for great inspiration Charm, I have used a few new techniques that I have wanted to play with too, seeing as I was getting messy.

I made my own Journal spot, using my new love TIM HOLTZ DISTRESS INKS – which Forever Always will be stocking in 2 weeks, just waiting for the supplier to come back from holidays. YES new colours for me too!!!

So I used the Tim Holtz Adirondack Paint Dabber Resist technique from his Demo Video – love the blending, my tag was originally white Bazzill and is now a nice mix of Distress Ink, Peeled Paint, Spiced Marmalade and Vintage Photo. Not sure if my Citrus dabber was the best colour to create the resist effect, but I do like how it turned out.

Charm, my daughter freaked when I added the black paint to such a pretty piece of paper, but I love it, thanks for inspiring me to be adventurous and for getting out the premo which I haven’t played with since 2004 – teaching in the shop. It was nice play with the clay, think I enjoy the kneading process best. {wink}

Enjoy the sneaks…. and check out the full layout in the Gallery
 


Thanks for looking....

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your beautiful heartfelt comments on my blog, I really appreciate the time and effort it takes. {heart hugs}