Wednesday, October 12, 2016

Bathurst Bloggers Retreat - 16-18 September 2016

That winter flu had me really struck down, having spent most of the week in bed, I really didn't think I would make it. Brian was seriously worried about me heading off on my own. But as I pointed out I was over the worst, the tiredness was what was getting me - but if I travelled sensibly and then even if I spent most of the weekend in bed. I was going to come back rested if not better.

So I was up and on the road by 5am, determined that travelling avoiding the traffic was a better trip. And I was right. I arrived in Bathurst by 8.30am and enjoyed a nice hot breakfast and a coffee in a regular breakfast cafe.

Then I hit the shops, browsing, and lucky for me I picked up a few extra clothing items... but more on that in the next post.

I caught up with Kylie, and we did our shopping for the nibbles for the weekend... we made this great Greek 7 Layer Dip - which was enjoyed each afternoon. Not that Vicky didn't keep us fed enough with her awesome catering. We really love the tinkle of her little bell.

Although the weather wasn't that amazing, it certainly has left the venue and surrounding areas lovely and green. Which for me it also made it very peaceful and relaxing.


No Bathurst retreat would be complete without our Make it, Fake it or Bake it swap, and since that very original foils fun 3 years ago... we keep the tradition, laughter and fun alive too with our Foil swap. Thinking up fun ways of rewarding people whilst they create over the weekend is always a challenge, but usually its the simplest things that make the laughter the greatest.




LAUGHTER IS THE BEST MEDICINE - ALWAYS and thanks to Simone and Deb (or should I say Statler and Waldorf ) the laughter really made my weekend.

Some great shares of completed and almost completed projects is always inspiring.


No trip to Bathurst is complete without a little shopping in Anni's Shop and of course she really spoils us with our little something just for retreat. - these are the makings of a little needle keep/phone wallet - I really must get to on it.

Some of my goodies, that I purchased and I received over the weekend, oh and there was another larger item.... oops forgot that one big metal cake tray, you are bound to see it in some food style shots coming up.

2 comments:

  1. laugh until you cry........such a great weekend..........

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. it certainly was the case... and just what I needed, to mend and heal.

      Delete

Thank you for your beautiful heartfelt comments on my blog, I really appreciate the time and effort it takes. {heart hugs}