Tuesday, August 26, 2008

RAKS, Works in progress and Completed Projects

Well, I received this wonderful RAK in the mail today....from KYLIE - this is just so me all that red,Black and White...this was from our FAIRY WISHING over at Forever Always. Thanks so much Kylie, it's your turn to wish, i hope there is a kind Fairy Circling...for you too!!!
Next in this post, is the completed projects....well i never did get around to posting the finished picture of my Quilt, that i got completed before my Quilt RETREAT....
Here it is...not the best photo....but i have used it in the background of all these photos...so you can see more details....I loved working on this one by Leanne Beasley - it has taken 2 years to complete...but I loved working on the stitcheries, and well life got busy in those years...as really it shouldn't have taken so long...it is machine pieced but hand quilted and bound. I love this Quilt.!!!
Another completed project and this is the complete set from the Gail Pan Pattern we received at our Quilt RETREAT earlier this month in Nowra. I love the pin cushion and funnily enough i didn't have one...that was just mine...so it is being used...well. the bag is in use as well...I don't have a use personally for the needle keeper....so this will be going into my pile of goodies for Christmas Gifts. (I did add the button closure to this project as i felt it needed it!!
I have had back pain now for almost a month and the last week it seems to be getting to me, so i haven't been doing as much as i wanted....But I have managed to finish breaking dawn by Stephanie Meyer...loved that book.
And i have also been doing a little stitchery, here is the block i am working on at the moment, this is a quilt inspired by one that i saw whilst i was away, and I am putting some of the little stitcheries i have collected around the place into it...
I love its quilt as you go style...as you can see i have already started putting the blocks together. And what is even more gratifying, is that is all by hand!!!

5 comments:

  1. Thanks for stopping by, I so love the Quilt you did, those romantic colors are stunning, and 2 years of hard work - well done. I went on a retreat with Gail, Loxton in July and we did that pincushion set too - mine is still in many pieces.....one day it will be finished!
    Happy Stitching
    Hugs
    Dawn x

    ReplyDelete
  2. lovely stitching here.......

    ReplyDelete
  3. thanks for the birthday wishes sonia..i'll go check out the forum

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love your photo of your quilt! Looking good!!!
    x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Anonymous12:46 pm

    Stunning awesome amazing you rock I love it all.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your beautiful heartfelt comments on my blog, I really appreciate the time and effort it takes. {heart hugs}