Tuesday, July 31, 2012

Trying new things - RESISIT TECHNIQUES

This months Ant's Challenge over at Scrapbooking Top 50 was about inspiration - taking inspiration from the first image to inspire the layout and inspiration from the second image to try a new technique.

Funny enough with one of her images coming from Pinterest, and having recently added a few images to one of my boards, with the plans to try one rainy day, so needless to say - those play days didn't have rain, perhaps some chill factor, but I played during the month, and I created lots of disasters but I did try new techniques - RESIST was the name of my new thing to try, and resist it did...LOL I used crayons, I used ink, I used big shot impressions, I used embossing powders, I used glimmer mist, I used stamps and inks in ways I have never done before - I HAD LOTS OF FUN during the month trying out bits and pieces, but only one item made it onto my layout for this challenge


The tag that made it onto my layout, went through a process of distress ink smudges, then I inked up a Tim Holtz Impressions with a script stamp and put through my big shot, then it had a few sprays of glimmer mist, before being, distressed with a little more Tim Holtz Ink, then I applied some fine embossing powder, before distressing a little more with Ink to fill the cracks that were created with the embossing powder I hope you can see this in the above image


My layout is inspired by the orange and blues of the first image with lots of flowers, these photos were perfect.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your beautiful heartfelt comments on my blog, I really appreciate the time and effort it takes. {heart hugs}